Saturday, February 9, 2013

Discuss any media content FROM Ch 1 Pg 32

# 2 Discuss any media content you have created and what happened if you put it online. (Video Clip, a music mash up, etc).

So far in my interaction of media I have made posts of content through several sites. My recent media content posting was a gamer video I posted on Youtube. The content was from a first person shooter game called Call of Duty and I recorded a clip of myself what I thought was an interesting final kill. I uploaded the clip to Youtube and edited it for the sake of viewer appreciation. What happened after I put it online didn't really shock me, that I didn't receive very much feedback or "likes/views." I say this didn't shock me because having done this like a month ago, most people today expect something that has never been accomplished before, or looks  professionally done, or  at least gives a good laugh. My clip did not posses any of those factors and as a result I did not receive a very impressive feedback. It probably would have differed if I had been associated with youtube for a little longer and continued to post clips maybe people would have noticed me more. However it didn't matter I received a small  percentage of feedback and that is all. But in the future I plan to change that and get more popular on a site like Youtube if at all possible.

1 comment:

  1. You make a good insight into how social media work. To really get noticed you need to build a following of sorts. There needs to be a reason to watch your videos or read your blog. What's interesting about social media is that because so many have access and there is such a variety of interests, there is usually someone who eventually takes an interest. It takes time and persistence to get your voice heard however.

    ReplyDelete